NYSC COMMUNICATIONS INTERN
Are you intellectually curious and looking for a challenging opportunity to apply your people and communications skills to make a difference? Are you organised and an energetic self-starter?
RDF is looking for a creative strategic thinker with an eye for detail and a passion for communications to join our dynamic team of professionals. At RDF we think outside the box and are very thorough in our work which makes us exceptional. If you are applying for this role you must be a team player who has a knack for creating compelling content that better communicates the impact of the work that we do.
We are looking for an exceptionally smart and driven NYSC Intern to join our team. Corp members serving or yet to serve in Lagos are welcome to apply.
It is important to us that you have:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, Marketing or any other related field
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills. Layout and design skills are a plus
- High-level of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in communications and digital media
- Ability to operate in a highly dynamic environment with multiple competing priorities
- Ability to follow instructions, understand briefs, and be willing to receive feedback from the RDF team
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously
- High level of curiosity and a willingness to learn
- Strong organizational and analytic skills
Your role at RDF
As Communications Intern, you will be responsible for supporting the team on the planning, coordination and execution of stakeholder engagement experiences and events. As part of the team, you will get exposure to a wide variety of projects and play a significant role in designing and implementing initiatives for clients at all levels. In addition, you will:
- Write and edit communications for a variety of internal and external audiences and channels, including press, social media and employees
- Support event planning and communications efforts – take pictures and videos at programs/events to develop content for the website and social media pages
- Contribute content and story ideas to leverage across the system in different communication channels, including in e-newsletters, social media and other forums
- Provide client strategy support through research and content development
- Provide additional support, including administrative and operational tasks
- Serve as a key participant in team, client meetings and related events
- Work with senior and experienced staff to support the client and project team in the development and implementation of innovative strategic communications and engagement programs designed to proactively manage stakeholders
- Draft social content for clients in varying industries (social posts, blogs, articles, etc.)
- Produce digital content for RDF’s corporate website, social media channels
- Complete other research projects as assigned
Please fill the application form below.